Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Le 48H Maisons de Mode - Fashion Show 2012

My oh my, what a weekend it has been. 
As mentioned in my previous entry, I was lucky to get a seat at the 2012 Fashion Show of Maisons de Mode so obviously I will share some of my experience with my lovely readers.




Let's start at the beginning, shall we? 
The entire event, including the fashion show, was just an incredibly well organized event with an amazing amount of talent under one roof like, Constance L, House of Vice, Lenaklax, République du Chiffon and many many more!   

The choreography was impeccable and at some shows so eery like the one for La Garçonnière which, show-wise, was one of my favourites.  A close second was Bold Boys, which also a fun show with great menswear.



Now to the fashion for the ladies! There were like I said before quite a few amazing designers, but there were a couple that really caught my eye.

First up there was the collection of Clivia Nobili, which was like a fabulous walk through an enchanted forest. The print she used was just incredible!  It was a perfect mixture of elegant sleek style with a touch of something unexpected. The colors are a perfect fit for this time of the year, dark but still not just black.




Secondly, I loved the collection of Ysterike! A colorful mixture of dresses, jackets and trousers. It was playful with some classic cuts mixed with some more unexpected elements...all in all it made my eyes sparkle with joy! 



Last but not least was the underwear collection for the curvier ladies from Mirage Magique, which were being brought to the runway by a beautiful burlesque dancer. Beautiful pieces and a beautiful show.



Apart from these few examples there were a bunch of other amazing designers and shows which you can find on the Maisons de Mode youtube site. (http://www.youtube.com/user/maisonsdemodefr?feature=results_main)

If you get the chance, I would highly suggest keeping an eye out for next years 48h de Maisons de Mode, I know I will most certainly be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment